Friday 13 August 2010

Proud exhibition








In May 2008, Florence Bamberger, a then second-year illustration student from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, contacted me and said she would like to illustrate some of my poems for her final-year project. In the end she chose three poems: "In a Restaurant" (inspired by a Chinese poem by my friend Ellen Lai and first published in Magma Poetry [UK]), "Minute" (first published in Muse [Hong Kong]) and "Newest, Hottest, Tallest, the Most London" (first published in Poetry NZ [New Zealand]).
-
Some examples:





Last night, I received an email from Florence and she told me that her Illustration-Poetry collaboration received the best mark in her class (95%) and that the project, resulting in a book, is currently exhibited along with other students’ works, in an exhibition in London until Friday 20th March 2009. If you are in London and have a moment, do go to the exhibition!
Now perhaps I can say my poetry has been exhibited in London? :) Congratulations, Florence, for your good work. I am so proud of you!

ADDRESS:
Allen & Overy offices,
One Bishops Square,
London E1 6AD

*Open during office hours

-

This post was originally written on March 11, 2009
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...