Saturday 18 June 2011

Squirrels | Nicholas Y.B. Wong in Anomalous Press

-
Nicholas Y.B. Wong's poem "From My Window" is now published in Anomalous Press. There is also a recording of it. The second and third lines of the poem particularly caught my attention: 'no squirrels fleeing from freezing / corners with their fleecy fur during spring'. First, Nicholas uses alliteration (fl/ f/ fr) well in these lines. Second, 'squirrels' made me smile. Earlier, I wrote the post "Reverse déjà vu (alert: contains strong language)", which touches on their pertinent appearance in my poem (which is subsequently published in QLRS). Obviously I am not the only one who thinks of these little creatures! The quotidian details in the second last stanza, keenly observed, also made me smile with recognition.
-
See Nicholas Y.B. Wong's Cha profile.
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...