Tuesday 30 November 2010

A conversation heard


A CONVERSATION HEARD in October 2007.

YANG: He said something about lusting after.

BURDETTE: Lusting over. Lusting after is more the nostalgia of bad sex. Nostalgia for bad sex.

YANG: Do you think he knew? That I would hear? That it was impossible I would not hear?

BURDETTE: A vicious old man. But younger than me.

YANG: I cried. But perhaps I cried to demonstrate I am not shameless.

BURDETTE: A man who deliberately hurts a woman is not a man.

YANG: Somebody who deliberately hurts a woman could be a definition.

BURDETTE: My friend, I would not be judged by my desires.

YANG: He judged me by his own desires.

BURDETTE: And condemned you.

YANG: For his desire? Or for the failure of his desire?

BURDETTE: He condemned you so you became worthy, worthless, enough for him.

YANG: He is not a metaphysician.

BURDETTE: And you are not made of stone.
-
-
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...